Skip to main content

My Memories in Nepal

A Nepali Boy Playing With Kite

Dinner at Hot Bread

Jalan Jalan

Somewhere...

Clubbing at Hotel Yak & Yeti
(A Memorable Night For Baby and I: We drank and danced whole night long)

Eating Naan

Full and Satisfied

Back of a Trishaw

Drinking Fresh Fruit Juice

Baby Eating Icecream Happily

Ice Cream Seller

Nepal's China Town

Congested on the Way to Asan Bazaar

Buying Veges at Asan Bazaar

When I was still in Nepal 2 months back, I could still remember how I counted impatiently for the day to return to Malaysia. In my opinion, Nepal is the worst place I have ever been to in my life. Imagine, how could anyone stay at a place like Nepal? When I first reached Kathmandu, I had a culture shock. The place was really dirty, rubbish was everywhere on the road and I could not see any bin at anyplace. The people there spitted everywhere and they did not feel anything about it. Beggars were everywhere, and they were really aggressive into asking people for money or food. Noise pollution was a serious matter, every car kept honking on the road for no reason. What was worse- how could anyone live in a place with serious load shedding problem? What was there to do when even power is not available everyday?
Surprisingly, the Nepalis are so used to this kind of lifestyle. Instead of feeling depressed over their poor lives in Nepal, one thing I really admire them is that they are still really happy. Before I went to Nepal, I always had this feeling that I was unlucky as I was born in Malaysia, and how hard is it in Malaysia to secure a good life. How good will it be if I was to born in countries like United Kingdom. After experiencing life in Nepal, I learn one precious lesson in life. I started to really appreciate my life in Malaysia. Before I went to Nepal, I have always hated to stay at home all the time... but now, I love staying at home doing the things I enjoy doing like watching drama, blogging, reading novels or listening to music. It is so much cheaper staying at home than to go out all the time. I realize that money is still very important in life, but at the same time, good quality of life must be maintained no matter at what expense.
When my friends asked me now, will you still go to Nepal if you have a chance? Without thinking twice, I answered them, "I won't." I have been to the place for 5 months and I have seen the life of the people there. Now, I feel blessed that I am able to live in Malaysia, in Penang and in my home sweet home. However, one thing I can be sure of... the memories in Nepal are irreplacable in my life as I really have seen a lot and learned a lot during my stay there. As for now, if you ask me if I do miss Nepal... my answer is, "I do miss the place a lot... because the person I love the most in my life is still there working for a better future for us."

I MISS YOU A LOT, A LOT; AND I APPRECIATE EVERYTHING!

Love,
Jessie
xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Liz Gilbert's Meaningful Quotes from Eat, Pray, Love: Something Worth to Learn About in Our Life

Quote 1 "You have been to hell, Ketut?" He smiled. Of course he's been there. What's it like in hell?" Same like in heaven," he said. He saw my confusion and tried to explain. "Universe is a circle, Liss." He said. "To up, to down -- all same, at end." I remembered an old Christian mystic notion: As above, so below. I asked. "Then how can you tell the difference between heaven and hell?" Because of how you go. Heaven, you go up, through seven happy places. Hell, you go down, through seven sad places. This is why it better for you to go up, Liss." He laughed. "Same-same," he said. "Same in end, so better to be happy in journey." I said, "So, if heaven is love, then hell is.. " Love, too," he said. Ketut laughed again, "Always so difficult for young people to understand this!" — Elizabeth Gilbert (Eat, Pray, Love) Quote 2 "He showed me a sketch he'd drawn

BYE BYE, KATHMANDU

Kathmandu... The place where you and I experienced our lives together... Away from anyone, and everyone... We laughed together there with our silly jokes, We cried together when we had arguments. We shared the pain, boredom and loneliness of lives together... We experienced the suffer due to load shedding up to 16 hours daily not knowing how to pass time, I first learned to cook there, and we had the same dishes for dinner over and over again for the whole week in order to save our expenses... Before you left for Kathmandu again, you told me that you were sorry seeing me suffer so much in Nepal. Honestly, I could not get used to the life there, but I made myself stayed there for a few months because I was really unwilling to be apart from you. Now, I realize that life has to go on...I have my dreams to achieve and I am running out of time. I understand how sad you feel to return there alone...as I went there before and I know what kind of place there is... I feel the same thing... I f

JOY.BLESSED.LOVE