Skip to main content

A Summary for My 2010

Before leaving Malaysia, I would like to pen down my summary for year 2010.

First of all, thank God for giving me the strength and courage to make it through the year, and to learn so much about life in this one year.
To all my friends, bosses, colleagues, family members, classmates and students:
I would like to thank you all for what you have done for me in this one year, and for never giving up on me when I gave up on myself. This is not an easy year for me. Many times, many of you would have been seeing me shedding tears in silence… Without all of you, I know that I will never stand up again. Will always carry my promise to be a good lecturer, and to give as much as I can to all the people in my life today.

WORK AND CAREER:
This is a great year for my career, despite of my high lecturing hours… it went up to as high as 27 hours per week! In just one and a half years’ time, I have accumulated enough experiences in the Diploma school and am slowly moving over to the Degree school. By next year, I guess I will totally be based at the Degree school. I am lucky to have bosses who recognize my performance, and students whom I love to work with. Thanks to their good evaluations, I am climbing up much faster than what I expected. This is the first job which I am really happy with. I am being compensated well for what I contribute. MBA is coming to an end soon… I am just left with my dissertation now. Never thought that I can struggle through these two years smoothly. The process is a very tough one, but I am glad that my determination pays me off well. The people in my life today commented that I am a workaholic for spending too much of my time at work, they feel that I should focus on other important aspects in life, but well… hmm… I leave everything to God. Another great achievement is that I have successfully became one of the advisors of the BEC Advisory Board. Being the advisor for this club in this one year, we have performed excellently. HSBC Young Entrepreneurship Award 2010 (Bronze Award), 1SEGi Merdeka’s Cans Recycling Project and SEGi Idol 2010 were huge successes!

INVESTMENT AND WEALTH:
Wealth is good this year. Thanks to the good connections and tips I have in life today, my investments paid me off well. I do not think that I am smart enough to earn a lot in life, even though I wish that I am. Nevertheless, I am a very lucky person. The income from investments is a BIG BONUS for me… it helps me a lot with my studies and life commitment. I do wonder sometimes, when I needed wealth so much in the past and chasing after it, it caused me so much of unhappiness. Now, when I choose to let go and not to emphasize on money that much anymore, they all come naturally to me in BIG way… and I am a happier person. Again, I am grateful to God! I have learned to realize that there are many things in life (especially happiness) which can never be bought with money. I count myself lucky for being able to earn enough independently today to spend a comfortable life in Penang.

LOVE AND RELATIONSHIPS:
Met a lot of new people in life in this one year, some are close friends whereas others are new friends. My human relationships with people at work and in life were good as ever throughout the year, no issue at all as far as I can recall. Instead, I have learned to build much more healthy friendships through care, respect and sincerity. The people whom I deal with today taught me one important lesson: “Do not ask for respect, earn for it.” When you treat people in the right and humble way, you will be treated back the same way. As for love, I’m in love, I’m in love, I’m in love… (I WISH!) =D Perhaps, it is not my time yet, I do not want to rush into relationships in spite of the fact that I am not young anymore. In this one year, I met new people around me, but surprisingly, none of whom captured my heart for long… Instead of losing out more friends when relationships do not work out well, I guess it is best to remain as friends when I am unsure rather than to go for trial and errors again. However, I still do believe in LOVE. I still do believe in MIRACLE, and I still do believe in FATE. Perhaps, my BIGGEST wish for year 2011 is to FALL IN LOVE once again… as I can never ask better of anything else in terms on career and wealth. Everything is in place now, and I believe that I should give it a try should I meet a person whom I like or admire again. My BIGGEST dream in life now is to be successful in both CAREER and LOVE, can I achieve them both at the same time?

Happy New Year 2011 in advance, till we meet again!

All My Love,
Jessie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Liz Gilbert's Meaningful Quotes from Eat, Pray, Love: Something Worth to Learn About in Our Life

Quote 1 "You have been to hell, Ketut?" He smiled. Of course he's been there. What's it like in hell?" Same like in heaven," he said. He saw my confusion and tried to explain. "Universe is a circle, Liss." He said. "To up, to down -- all same, at end." I remembered an old Christian mystic notion: As above, so below. I asked. "Then how can you tell the difference between heaven and hell?" Because of how you go. Heaven, you go up, through seven happy places. Hell, you go down, through seven sad places. This is why it better for you to go up, Liss." He laughed. "Same-same," he said. "Same in end, so better to be happy in journey." I said, "So, if heaven is love, then hell is.. " Love, too," he said. Ketut laughed again, "Always so difficult for young people to understand this!" — Elizabeth Gilbert (Eat, Pray, Love) Quote 2 "He showed me a sketch he'd drawn

BYE BYE, KATHMANDU

Kathmandu... The place where you and I experienced our lives together... Away from anyone, and everyone... We laughed together there with our silly jokes, We cried together when we had arguments. We shared the pain, boredom and loneliness of lives together... We experienced the suffer due to load shedding up to 16 hours daily not knowing how to pass time, I first learned to cook there, and we had the same dishes for dinner over and over again for the whole week in order to save our expenses... Before you left for Kathmandu again, you told me that you were sorry seeing me suffer so much in Nepal. Honestly, I could not get used to the life there, but I made myself stayed there for a few months because I was really unwilling to be apart from you. Now, I realize that life has to go on...I have my dreams to achieve and I am running out of time. I understand how sad you feel to return there alone...as I went there before and I know what kind of place there is... I feel the same thing... I f

JOY.BLESSED.LOVE